Sunday, March 10, 2013

I'm back!

Midterms were awful.

I got a stomach bug at the beginning of the week, then I progressed to have insomnia, then I worked, then I ended up with more insomnia and traveling all day on Friday, but the rewarding time with my family is worth it.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any movies the past week or two. I'm sorry. I feel ashamed, but I DID see a play!

Being the thespian that I am, I persuaded my kin to take me to Into the Woods, a play about where all of these fairy tales get mixed into one another.

I figured that the same things apply here for a review as do the movies (but plays are Tonys award system), so here goes.

ACTING
I liked the actors. Granted they were adults in a semi-suggestive children's plot play, but it's okay! The kids that went had no idea of the suggestive nature of some of the dialogue (thank heavens!!). I thought the acting was alright to say the least, but I think it would have been better if there was more of a youthful cast.
Total Tonys: 3

SET/COSTUMES + MAKEUP
I was in love with some of these costumes. Seriously! They were like the classic fairy tale pictures but with a little bit of a modern twist in some of them (like the wolf! He just had really mangled hair and clothing. Essentially, a creepy, hairy wolf man). But the set was FANTASTIC. It had 4 LEVELS. Not kidding! The producer got super creative with it and I AM IN SHOCK BY THE SET.
Total Tonys: 4

STORY LINE
To be honest, I can't describe it. Not in a good way though. There's basically like 4 or 5 child fairy tales and the characters somehow managed to intertwine their stories together. Like Facebook says, "it's complicated."
Total Tonys: 2 (because it's too hard to explain)

Tony Sum: 9 

Not bad for a local theatre production, but there were some things that could have been improved. But I still liked it, all in all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment