Monday, August 25, 2014

Movie Review: Guardians of the Galaxy

Sooooo I've been sooo busy with traveling and school and such that I have been a complete jerk. I haven't written anything on here in over 6 months. I am SUCH A HORRIBLE PERSON I'M SORRYYYYYYY

But anyways, I'm back! For now at least. While I still have time before school gets rough -_-

So here we go! 

ACTING
I liked the actors in this film. It was really sarcastic, yet there were good sentimental moments too. It wasn't overly cheesy, but some of the lines were portrayed in the awkward "feel the feels" way that you have seen time and time again. But no matter, I still liked the actors :) Bradley Cooper was awesome as Rocket, Chris Pratt was awesome being a nerdy jerk throughout the whole thing, and Zoe Saldana was just..amazing!

TOTAL OSCARS: 3.5

SET DESIGN/MAKEUP
Most of the stuff was CGIed, but what they did build looked pretty intergalactic. I was really impressed with the set of Knowhere. It was a more modern and grungy version of the sets of Star Wars. The makeup was alright, but I feel as if Gamora (Zoe Saldana) had a little too much makeup on her. I almost feel as if the makeup artists put on a lot to cover up the prosthetics on her face. I feel as if there could have been a better transition from the face to the rest of the body. It just looked too caked on in spots and then smooth in others. 

TOTAL OSCARS: 3

STORYLINE
Peter Quill, a human from planet Earth, was abducted by aliens and grew up as a thief in order to make his way through life. He's one of the best ones in the entire galaxy...so of course he has a warrant on his head. He discovers a little trinket on a planet he visits and tries to sell it, but it turns out that it's being searched for by a guy named Ronan, one of the most notorious villains in the entire universe So Peter gets into a fight about it with Gamora, and ends up meeting bounty hunters Rocket and Groot and prisoner Drax. All 5 of them decide to try and turn it in for profit, but things don't turn out and an intergalactic war begins.
There were quite a few cheesy moments that I felt were a little out of character and unnecessary, and they disrupted the flow of the story a bit because of this. 

TOTAL OSCARS: 3.5

OSCAR SUM: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment